Recipe inspired by Bob Kuo, a freshman majoring in business management from Taiwan.
1 strip of pork belly
3 pieces of garlic
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 Chinese crystal rock candy
3 pieces of Star anise (optional)
1 cup of radish (optional)
1 cup of carrots (optional)
crispy fried shallots (optional)
1. Add oil to the pot, then add the pork belly.
2. Fry until the surface of pork belly turns golden, then take it out.
3. Put the minced garlic to the pot along with crispy fried shallots.
4. Fry with high heat for 30 seconds.
5. Add pork belly, radish, and carrots.
6. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce. Mix them well.
7. Add water to immerse the meat.
8. Add crystal rock candy.
9. Keep the high heat until the soup boils.
10. Turn the stove to low heat, then slow boil for at least 40 minutes.